Wednesday 3 July 2013

Review; Bad Dragon's Waterhorse!

The Waterhorse is one of the few retired Bad Dragon models, therefore I will be reviewing a toy that is no longer available for purchase.

image

This toy is almost as old as the website itself and seemingly based off of a playful, lochness monster style creature. An unusual shape and design, this toy has a pleasantly organic look to it with it's many creases and folds which is initially what drew me toward purchasing it. Not to fear, though. A small following of the Waterhorse have created a revival thread in the hopes of redesigning and fixing some of the faults that lead to the dismissal of the original Waterhorse. You can find the thread here.

The Waterhorse was originally available in the three standardised sizes; Small, Medium and Large. This was before the time of the XL so those looking for a bigger challenge often overlooked this underappreciated toy. Since this toy has been discontinued and removed from the website I cannot link to a size chart, However here is a capture from the page when it was live last year;

image

As well as different sizes, the company offers three different firmnesses; 3 (Soft), 5 (Medium), and 8 (Hard). This refers to the firmness of silicone that you choose to have your toy made in. 3 is comparable to a firm gummy bear, 5 is similar to a flexed muscle, and 8 I would compare to a rubber ball— firm, but with some give.  If in doubt, Go Medium (5) firm!

You can also order you toy with a split firmness. For example, you can have the shaft in Soft (3), and the base in Firm (8), so that the shaft is forgiving but the base is sturdy.  You can combine any firmnesses for split firm, and it can easily be selected when ordering.

Not only can you customise those options, but you can also order your toy in any combination of any colours, including glow in the dark, metallic, and pearly finishes.

The Waterhorse was available with a Cumtube, however not with a suction cup (If I remember correctly.)

Bad Dragon’s toys are all cast in 100% platinum cured silicone which is body safe, phthalates free and hypoallergenic, meaning it can be easily sterilized after use. This is particularly good if you find this toy not to suit your needs, as it can easily be sterilized after use .
You’ll want to use water based lubricant with these toys since Silicone Lubricant can destroy and damage your toy. Keep this in mind if using condoms with toys— double check your lubricant! If you're unsure about your lube, you can check out The Lube Compatibility thread here.

My Toy

My toy is Medium Sized, Medium Firm with no extra's. I purchased my toy during the Extinction sale-- a sale in which 5 of the least loved toys were sold for a limited time at a reduced price before being banished forever, never to return. In fear of losing it forever, I took the plunge and ordered myself one of these guys as I'd always loved the very organic and natural look that the Waterhorse offered. I had always planned to go for a beautiful, natural colour on my Waterhorse.. You know, Browns, pinks and creams.. but I ended up opting for the karabos' Lightning bug colouration on a whim, and although I sometimes regret my choice this toy always makes me smile. It's so absurd and bright and the base is so big that it's light a night light!

I often choose Soft firmness for medium sized toys, however the Waterhorse is somewhat smaller than most mediums (in girth) as well as being spindly and narrow, so I chose Medium firm in the hope that it wouldn't be too wobbly in use. When it arrived I was very pleased with all my chosen options. Both the colour and firmness were bang on, and the toy itself although wibbly, isn't too soft at all.
The Waterhorse has an overall length of around 10.5'' and an insertable length of around 8.5''. Upon measuring this, it seems at though the actual total length is 9.5'', Total insertable length is 8'', and, for good measure, the tip of the head to the sheath is 5''. It is often the case that with the older models, their size charts don't quite match up to the product in person, however with a toy such as this with a strange shape, measurements can be open to discrepancy. 

This is a comparison between the toy and your average Relentless can (500ml);

image

image

My personal in-use experience..

The Waterhorse is a funny one. A lot of people, including myself, look at this toy and wonder just how to go about using it. It has a strange curve and a strange thickness about it, being very ovular and flat in shape. Also the head is triangular.. There's no ease of entry with this toy, so if you purchased a size too large it is going to be rather difficult to work up to this toy.

The toy itself has mild to minimum surface texture, something that is caused by the 3D printing process of the moulds. Once lubricated this toy is smooth, however if it were any firmer I have a feeling that it would be quite abrasive since the head is quite flat and could rub in all the wrong ways. There is very little detailing on the first 5'' of shaft, but once you reach the sheathed area of the toy there are lots of folds and creases that could potentially give a very ribbed feeling to said portion of the toy.. a lovely contrast to the somewhat plain upper shaft.

In terms of actually using this toy, it is all about trial and error, I think. My first few tries resulted in frustration and disappointment, since this toy has the potential to hit all the right, OR all the wrong spots depending on several factors. Once I finally hit the right spots though, I was very impressed. To date, this is the only toy that has got me coming close to and even slightly squirting. It must be something about the way that angular head rubs my g-spot, because there I was, perched on the edge of the tub enjoying him, when the urge and feeling of needing to pee came over me. 

Ignoring all my initial instincts and pushing on (I'd heard this was a sign of female ejaculation) I kept going until I was overcame by an intense rushing feeling, and rather than squirting I kind of just.. gushed. Not loads but there was definitely a different substance on myself and the toy, and let me assure you it wasn't pee. It was much more viscous! The only other toy that makes me gush this way is Moko, so I was pleasantly surprised by this event. 

A round of applause for the Waterhorse! Clearly he thrives best in his natural environment...

Overall Experience?

I find it such a shame that this under appreciated toy is no longer available for sale. Here are some of my good and not good points;
  • Beautiful organic design, very easy on the eyes
  • A lovely combination of a smooth shaft and texture sheath for dual stimulation
  • User friendly sizes.. Nothing too large or small
Points that aren't so good;
  • The shape, although elegant, may be difficult to work with
  • The head is poorly shaped for penetration
  • This toy isn't available to buy any more!
Truly stuff of legends, this toy was good in it's prime! Maybe it will make a reappearance some time in the future? Who knows...

image

No comments:

Post a Comment