Wednesday 5 June 2013

Review; Bad Dragon's Xar the Karabos!

The Boring Part..

Xar the Karabos was brought to life on the very Bad Dragon Forums. Back in 2009 a user named Proxer showcased his sketches for this delicious insectoid phallus. The design was well received by male and female forum users, and in 2010 this deliciously thick beast was released in all of it's silicone glory, much to the joy of the public. You can find the original thread and designs here.

Available in four different sizes ranging from Small to Extra-large, Bad Dragon has taken in to consideration the broad spectrum of users that their company caters to, so you’ll definitely find a size that suits your needs. You can find a full size chart here.

As well as different sizes, the company offers three different firmnesses; 3 (Soft), 5 (Medium), and 8 (Hard). This refers to the firmness of silicone that you choose to have your toy made in. 3 is comparable to a firm gummy bear, 5 is similar to a flexed muscle, and 8 I would compare to a rubber ball— firm, but with some give.  If in doubt, Go Medium (5) firm! But remember.. Thickness totally affects how firmness is perceived. In a toy like this, which is short and fat, the firmness' will all feel slightly firmer due to the density of silicone.

You can also order you toy with a split firmness. For example, you can have the shaft in Soft (3), and the base in Firm (8), so that the shaft is forgiving but the base is sturdy.  You can combine any firmnesses for split firm, and it can easily be selected when ordering. I'd definitely suggest a split firmness with this toy, as the base can be very, very floppy and squishy in a 3. This can make gripping it while lubricated very difficult!

Not only can you customise those options, but you can also order your toy in any combination of any colours, including glow in the dark, metallic, and pearly finishes.
Xar the Karabos is 100% cumtube compatible (Even the small!), meaning lubey, messy funtimes! However, it can only support both a cum-tube AND suction cup in the XL sizes.. Sorry folks! Not to worry though, because if you'd like to use this toy hands free, simply purchase a couple of double-sided suction cups and away you go.

Bad Dragon’s toys are all cast in 100% platinum cured silicone which is body safe, phthalates free and hypoallergenic, meaning it can be easily sterilized after use. This is particularly good if you find this toy not to suit your needs, as it can easily be sterilized after use .
You’ll want to use water based lubricant with these toys since Silicone Lubricant can destroy and damage your toy. Keep this in mind if using condoms with toys— double check your lubricant! If you're unsure about your lube, you can check out The Lube Compatibility thread here.

My Toy

The toy that I own is Medium Sized, Soft Firm with a suction cup. I purchased this toy second hand from a lovely lady, and couldn't resist his beautiful colouration. He's a Split colour, with a beautiful shade of tyrian purple on top and a khaki green base. Both the colours are packed densely with gold glittery pigment, and this can be seen well in the photo. I'd not had good experiences with the small, but I was willing to give the medium a shot, especially being soft firm.

image


My Karabos is delightfully squishy but doesn't stand up on his own without being suctioned down. He's great for relieving stress... by bopping about. One he's stuck down he bounces back and forth like one of those weighted punch bags. It's very amusing and always makes me smile. I can easily compress him between my fingers despite his girth.

I have a theory that toys with high pearl or shine finishes feel softer.. This definitely seems to be the case with the toys that I own, however it's most likely just coincidence.

Xar isn't exactly gifted in the length department.. The medium offers an average 6.5'' of insertable length with a total length from tip to base of 8''. The maximum girth of this toy is 8.2'', which is certainly nothing to sniff at. This toy is very consistently thick and I would definitely not suggest it for beginners, even in the small size.

This is a comparison between the toy and your average Relentless can (500ml);

image

image

My personal in-use experience..

Xar is really something.. Thick, knotty, huge. This toy certainly posed a challenge when I first used it, but with practice I can finally take this beast.

This toy has zero surface texture and once lubricated is incredibly slick. This combined with the taper of the toy makes penetration incredibly easy.. For about the first couple of inches. Once you hit the knot it's like encountering a wall.. It's so sudden and so thick without any real run up, meaning if you aren't prepared, it's not going in. 

The first few times I used this toy I found it very dissatisfying since I was getting minimal stimulation as I just couldn't knot him. The smoothness meant that I couldn't really feel anything, and the short length prior to the knot wasn't cutting it for me.

After leaving this toy to gather dust, I tried him again just on a whim. I found that I could now knot the toy, and even then the fullness that followed wasn't quite cutting it. I have a feeling that it may be because of his softness, yet I simply wouldn't be able to use this toy if it were firmer. I also think the super smooth surface of the toy doesn't help. A little roughness and drag in a toy can add sensation, whereas for me the hyper-smoothness of Xar simply  doesn't stimulate anything in the right way.
It truely makes me sad that I don't enjoy this toy as much as I wish I could. 

Visually, the design is very appealing and sexy to me.. It looks organic and muscular, and you can almost imagine a pulse running through it, however Xar was just not meant for me. By all means I am going to persevere with this toy in the hopes to one day enjoy him how I wish I could.

Overall Experience?

I really want to love my Karabos, and although I probably won't get rid of him, he certainly hasn't won my heart. Here are a few key things points regarding this toy;
  • Visually this toy is stunning. Well done with the sculpt, BD!
  • The short, thick nature of the toy makes it perfect for the ladies
  • Beautifully detailed base which is ideal for grinding on. 'Dem bumps.
  • Suction cup is stupidly strong.
Points that aren't so good;
  • Sadly the lack of texture on this toy doesn't work for me.
  • The short stature may not work for those who need more of a stretch to take thicker knots.
  • The base, although large, can be very floppy/squishy if made with a suction cup.
  • Not ideal for thrusting. This toy likes to lock in tight once knotted.
  • Too thick for real beginners, even in the small size.


So there we have it. This beefy insectoid may not have won my heart, But he might just win yours. Give him a try and you may be set for life~


image

No comments:

Post a Comment