Monday 11 November 2013

Review; Exotic-Erotics Hippocampus Dildo~!

image

Exotic Erotics, along with Bad Dragon, form the major competition in the realm of Fantasy Sex toys. The one major difference between the two companies, however, is that Exotic Erotics prides itself on the Life Cast models that it offers. This for some is enough to turn them off, however to others it is the main allure. They not only offer life cast animal phallus', but also life cast Humans for those of looking for that sort of toy.

Disclaimer aside (As some people would really want to avoid the life-casts and the previous mention served as a sort of warning), Exotic Erotics also offers high quality 3D printed toys based off of mythical animals and real animals alike. This means that at no point has a real animal been involved, so fear not!

Exotic Erotics is a little less developed than Bad Dragon, but still offers a good number of customisation options. As with BD, toys are available in three firmness'; these are Soft, Medium and Firm. For the most part the firmness' are on par with BD, but if in doubt purchase a Sample Set to test their silicone before buying.. No one likes a toy that's too firm or too soft!

Toys can also be ordered in custom colors, although little note on this before I explain further; Don't expect the same range of colors and color styles as from BD. This isn't to say that EE are less experienced or developed! This is simply because EE is a much smaller company and dedicates their time more on the toys themselves than the customisation options. There is a wide range of pre-set colors that can be combined in marbles or splits, and Zeebra is happy to work with customers to create something that is suited to your tastes under the simple understanding that whatever the outcome will be the final result as it's an experiment (I believe, anyway)

They do not offer metallic pigments as they've had issues with the silicone, however Glow in the Dark is now available, however I am unsure whether it has certain conditions other than it can't be colored, it has to be the unpigmented glowy silicone.

EE does offer a Cum-tube style feature, but this is only available on their Frost Wyvern model. I personally am keeping my fingers crossed for them offering this on other toys.. Squirty Equines, pretty pleeeease!!

Suction cups are indeed available on most toys for a modest $5, but they're different to BD's! I will cover this when talking about my toy though, as having images will help talking about it.
Last but not least, each toy comes with a free hand-made storage bag! Great for both concealing your toy and keeping it nice and clean. Each bag is randomly chosen, and mine was a pretty tartan. Cute!

The Model~

The Hippocampus is one of my favorite fantasy toy designs offered by EE, Followed closely by the Werewolf. EE's blurb about this toy reads as so;
"For eons the hippocampus has drawn Poseidon's chariot across the seas. Now this serpentine big boy has come out of the water to drive you crazy. Let this mythological toy show you the motion of the ocean with it's uniquely textured shaft that starts out like a gently lapping wave, then shows you the power of the crashing surf. This unique experience will have you praying to Neptune as you come back for more!"
Whoever wrote this excerpt did a beautiful job of talking about the toy without making it creepy. It describes perfectly the textures encompassed in this toy, and I would definitely agree with it being described akin to the ocean; The beautiful licks and swirls around the entire toy are just so beautiful and graceful. This thing is one of the most beautiful sex toys I've seen, no exaggeration.

image

image

In the Medium size, this bad boy boasts a usable length of 9'' with a total length of 10''. The girth has a delicious graduation from 6'' at the head, 7'' mid shaft and 8.25'' shaft base. Yum. You can find a full size chart and details here.

My Toy~

Being a girl who prefers... thicker toys, I dove right in and ordered myself a medium Hippocampus. After seeing comparisons against my favorite toy at the time, my medium moko, I was stoked to see the Hippocamp was a little thicker with a little more length to play with. Combine that with the delicious texture and WOW, you have a toy that's super.

I chose to order my toy in a simple split colour, as splits can often look more striking than complicated marbles or fades. My gorgeous Hippocampus has a florescent (traffic cone) orange shaft and a simple black base and wow... When I pulled him out of his hand-made drawstring bag my jaw dropped. These colors look fantastic together! The orange is so vibrant and rich.. It's gorgeous. It even had this cute little faded bit near the base.. D'aww. (Oh god so bright.)

image

Since I anticipated this toy being thick, I ordered him in EE's "Soft" firmness. Boy is he soft! It's kind of cute though, because he feels very much like a firm jelly and just likes to jiggle around when prodded and poked. Even in the soft firmness I can feel the texture, especially when thrusting. If I were to order another for some reason I think I would opt for the medium firmness, as the tapered head allows for easy entry even in a firmer silicone.

Now, the suction cup! The suction cup.. Unlike BD's suction cups that just slick if you slam them on any real surface, EE's cups are a little different. They're a deep, semi spherical divot that sits in the center of the underside of the base.

image
This divot doesn't reach out all the way to the edges of the base of the toy, making them a little more fussy to use. In order to get your Suction Cup to work, you have to push the toy firmly against the desired surface (Shiny surfaces like tiles work best) until you hear all the air expelled out of the divot.. Yet, this means it will make a fart. A dick fart. But this means that your toy should stick! Voila! Something I've found with mine though is that it can be a little hit and miss.. I don't mind though, as the suction cup option on my toys is more for silliness' sake than practical use.

In use~

When I first used this toy, it slipped in surprisingly easy. The super tapered (but not pointy!) head really helps with insertion and allows you to take a lot more than you think..
On my first run, I sunk almost right down to the base give or take an inch or so. The length is perfect and the soft firmness really makes this toy an easy ride. No pokiness, no roughness, just seahorse dreams and gentle waves~

I definitely use this toy for thrusting.. With textures like this it would be a shame not to use them. After using this toy for a while I do find that it can make me a tiny bit sore around my opening, but this is because I'm lazy and don't often reapply lube when I should do.. So a little more thick, water based lubricant will fix this issue right up if you find you're having it too.

A small note about this toy too.. It's great for strap on play! I've only every used this toy for photograph purposes in my strap on, but as can be seen in the short video I've made I can jump up and down on a mattress pretty enthusiastically and it stays put. Any ladies willing to let me try this toy on them? Pretty please with a Hippocampus on top? .. I digress.
(but really..)
image

To summarize~

So yes! This has been a long and wordy review on the Hippocamp, but that's because I love this toy. Here are my Pro's and Cons;
Pros;
  • Tapered for easy insertion
  • Delicious texture for great stimulation
  • Beautiful design, visually stunning
And for fairness' sake, The cons;
  • Sizes may run a smidge large for smaller girls
  • Texture may be a little too much for sensitive users
  • Suction cup is a little hit and miss
If you're afraid of the ocean and want a magical mystical guide to show you the beauty beneath the waves, Dive in and allow yourself to be wooed by the beautiful creature. Screw dolphins and orcas, this is the guy you should be swimming with. Go get him now at Exotic Erotics~

image

1 comment:

  1. "Delicious texture for great stimulation" Perfect statement for a Dragon dildos

    ReplyDelete